Monday, October 10, 2011

Clearadmit "Kellogg" Guide Review

Disclosure: I was asked to review this guide by Clearadmit but my views are unbiased and without influence.

I have just finished reading Clearadmit's guide for Kellogg school and I have to say that I am blown away.

I had always read that such guides are just a summary of what can be found on the website. While this guide largely conforms to this assertion, it gives you some nuggets of information which are more than worth the price of the guide. The guide goes into extreme details on every aspect of the school, its history, its culture, its curriculum, and more.



As Sanket said, the absolute USP of the guide is the various comparisons that the guide throws up. E.g. a graph of the percentage of international students at various top schools or a graph on the number of students accepted by each school. Of course, you can get this information online; however, if you are applying to 5-6 schools then keeping track of each school's data and comparison can be a daunting task. Clearadmit distills all the information into simple to read and easy to absorb graphs.

Since starting the MBA jounrye, I have always liked Clearadmit because of their clean website which shows to me that the people behind it have clean and simple thinking. This is again reflected in the guide which has a very clean design and is neatly organized. One is able to read through it quickly and locate relevant sections in a jiffy.

I would highly recommend Clearadmit's guides if you are looking for information on schools in a clear and concise form.

No comments:

Post a Comment